Thursday, November 8, 2007

SBOD Panel and the CC Relay Kickoff

After Relay U last Saturday, I returned from Pueblo to start packing...once again. I left for a trip to Hilton Head, SC on Sunday and returned from DIA very early on Monday morning. The trip was to the Southeast Leadership Conference for Sodexho, which is where all of the Sodexho managers at the colleges and universities in the region meet with the clients (presidents, etc. of the schools). I was invited to participate in a panel to talk about my experience on the National Student Board of Directors and dining trends. Last summer, I was invited to participate on a similar panel for the Mid-west/Mid-south region in Austin. It was fun to see five of my Board friends and I always enjoy talking about my experiences with Sodexho! We stayed on the beach at Hilton Head, which was completely gorgeous. I had to leave directly after the panel on Monday in order to make it back to CC for class by 9:00 am on Tuesday. I did get to walk on the beach Monday morning and it was beautiful - I love to be by the ocean! The panel went really well. All of the clients seemed to enjoy it and asked us some great questions. My all-time favorite question, "There has been a lot of talk about sustainability. What does this mean to you?" came up, and apparently I gave a really good response! I have been invited to talk to a few other clients on an individual basis about sustainability and the green dining movement, which is very exciting!

Yesterday was the Relay For Life Kickoff at CC! We set up lunch and information in our student center (Worner Center) about Relay and basically 'kickoff' our publicity for the year. The Kickoff went incredibly well! One of my committee members made this awesome promotional video featuring the committee on why they Relay. Subway donated and we made dozens and dozens of cookies at my apartment the night before. We already have four teams signed up! The best part was that nearly everyone I talked to already knew what Relay was, which means that our event is really becoming popular! Year Three is going to be fantastic!

No comments: