Friday, November 30, 2007

Block 4 - It's Already Here!

I cannot believe that this semester is almost over! The older I get, the faster time flies by. I started "Theories of Contemporary International Systems" on Monday. I am not entirely pleased with the class, but I think that it will be an interesting experience. My class is co-taught by two professors with very different view points; it is nice to hear both sides of each issue! One aspect of the course that I do not like is that I have class in the afternoon. It completely messes up my entire schedule! I have had to re-arrange several meetings, work hours, etc, etc. already and this is only week one. I am thankful that I only have two more weeks of this. We have quite a bit of time off in this class to write our final paper: twenty-five pages (must be the new fad) on an aspect of international relations of our choosing, worth 80% of our grade. I am irritated that this somehow resulted in no class on Fridays or during the fourth week of the block. Seriously, we are supposed to be able to complete assignments such as this on the block plan without excessive bonus time. Luckily, I have quite a few other projects in addition to school that can use a little extra attention!

In other news, we decorated our apartment for the holidays last Sunday! I think that it is safe to say that we have the most festive dwelling on campus; our apartment is boarder line excessive.


Holiday Spirit in El Diente 302

No comments: