Sunday, November 4, 2007

CC Relay Awards

I almost forgot anther great part of the Great West Relay For Life Summit - awards! I have to brag a little bit because I am SO EXCITED!

Colorado College made Youth Pacesetter Status for 2007! The Pacesetter Program is a challenge to accomplish various elements of Relay planning by certain deadlines. There are also criteria for event income growth and for meeting financial goals, set for each event by the American Cancer Society. I worked on a team with two others to create the Youth Pacesetter program this year as one of my projects on the Youth Task Force. There were only six events that achieved Youth Pacesetter Status out of the fifty-one Youth Relays in the Great West Division!


Team C^2 with our Pacesetter Award

In addition to being a Youth Pacesetter, Colorado College also won FIRST in our school population group for Income Per Capita. We raised $15.51 per student at our 2007 Relay. We are so excited about being first because our enrollment category for this award is 0-9999 students and CC only has an enrollment of 1900! In 2006, the CC Relay won second place for Income Per Capita and we set a goal to be first in 2007...mission accomplished!


Our #1 Per Capita Award (Caitlin, me [hair was out of control], Marina, Krystle)


Youth Task Force 2007 - I miss these guys way too much!

No comments: