Saturday, May 31, 2008

Greener Than Ever

I am back from Ireland...and quite sad about it, to be honest! Ireland was INCREDIBLE! That place is so gorgeous! The people were so nice too! I had almost forgotten what it is like to walk around and have people smile at you. Swedish people are so reserved it is ridiculous. You smile at a Swedish person and they look at you with this expression that says, "Why are you smiling at me you STRANGER?!" Yes, that is a very sad, and very true fact. Anyways, it was also nice to be surrounded by English. Even though the official language of Ireland is Gaelic, everything is in English too (or just in English). I appreciated the fact that I knew what was going on around me 100% of the time. But most of all, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IRELAND!

I took MANY amazing photographs, but am unable to access them at the moment. My computer decided that it would be fun to lose half of my entire photo library last night, and I am still working on fixing that problem. I still have the photos, backed up on my external drive, but I am in the process of burning them all to DVDs as a precautionary measure before I start trying to fix the problem. Last night there was reason to panic, but now I am feeling more in control of the situation. If I lost my photos...over 3000 of them...oh boy, I do not even know what I would do.

My CC email + gmail configuration from heaven is also not cooperating, so I have to use stupid Outlook Express to access my main email account. That sad excuse for a program makes me want to rip my hair out. Otherwise, it was a lovely day today. I went to the gym for jympa, but I neglected to drink water beforehand and it was not very enjoyable. I need to study for my final on Monday, but I have so much other stuff to do! I will get to it though...I need to solve this photo project first though, so that I can stop worrying about it.

I will post about the Ireland trip as soon as I fix the photos and get some of my other tasks accomplished. I am really excited to see Dad and Kenyon on Tuesday AND super excited to be back in Evergreen in a week and a half!

No comments: