Monday, March 31, 2008

Relay Time!

Dear Family and Friends,

I cannot believe that it is almost April! Relay For Life, the signature fundraiser of the American Cancer Society, will be held at The Colorado College from May 2nd to 3rd this year. As most you know, I started Relay at Colorado College with Caitlin, my fabulous roommate, in our freshman year. I am incredibly excited that this will be Colorado College's third Relay! I am writing because you have either supported my Relay For Life efforts in the past (thank you!) or because I think that you might be interested in this fantastic cause!

As you all know, I am currently studying in Jönköping, Sweden. Even though I will miss Relay at Colorado College this year, I have been actively involved in the planning and I want to support it as much as possible. Relay For Life is a twelve-hour overnight walk that honors cancer survivors, remembers those lost to cancer, and inspires everyone to fight back against this deadly disease. The money raised from the event goes directly to the American Cancer Society's revolutionary research programs and advocacy efforts, which are increasingly important as we approach the election season. The money raised also supports community outreach programs that assist cancer patients and their families. I cannot stress enough how vital the American Cancer Society's work is to saving lives, each and every day.

This year, I am going to Relay Swedish style! I will complete the twelve-hour walk using Lake Munksjön as my course (during daylight hours, in the interest of safety). Details are to be determined, but I am excited. I am aiming to raise $1500 for the American Cancer Society this year. I was so amazed at the $1050 in support that I had in 2007, that I had to up the bar. If you would like to make a donation and support Relay For Life at Colorado College 2008, please visit the link at the end of this email. We are hoping to raise $40000 with the Colorado College Relay this year. I know that we can do it!

I hope that you are having a wonderful start to the spring season! Enjoy the sunshine!

Peace,
Courtney

Relay For Life at Colorado College
Great West Relay For Life Youth Task Force
Great West Division Region D Regional Council

--
If you would like to make a donation, please visit Colorado College's Relay For Life website:

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeGreatWestDivision?px=4114700&pg=personal&fr_id=5494&s_tafId=99159

No comments: