Thursday, April 10, 2008

Trips Galore

First, a Relay update: $520 raised to date, $980 to go. Thank you to everyone for your generous support!

Classes are back in full swing (well, in the Swedish manner of speaking, which means maybe one class per day IF I am lucky). I am loving my Swedish class but not incredibly pleased with my Economic Development course. The material we are covering is so basic that I am practically bored to tears. For example, last week we learned that Africa is poor. Can you believe it? I had no idea! Sarcasm aside, the teacher is a graduate student who is really enthusiastic, which is nice to see. I do wonder why he is teaching the course instead of a professor...

I have been planning a LOT of trips for the next few weeks! The weather has been beautiful, so it is time to travel. Here is the upcoming itinerary:
April 12-14: Tallinn, Estonia - the trip is actually a cruise out of Stockholm, organized by the school
April 18-20: Frankfurt, Germany
April 24-29: Porto and Lisbon, Portugal
May 1-3: Cruise to Helsinki, Finland

I have another week off in May and am working on figuring out a trip for that time as well! I am sooo excited to see my dad and Kenyon in June!

In other news, I just confirmed my summer internship plans! I will be working in Gaithersburg, Maryland with Arlin Wasserman, Vice President of Corporate Citizenship for Sodexo! He is going to share me with John Harris, an economist, for the summer. I am really, really excited because my projects are going to focus formulating a policy response for Sodexo on climate change and emissions trading, as well as marketing and programming sustainability in Sodexo's college market. Specific details are still being worked out, but it looks like I am going to spend my summer working on the environmental policy for an international corporation, which sounds pretty amazing to me!

No comments: