Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Arizona, Etc.

Oh no...I am getting very lazy about this blogging thing again. Actually, I am really busy, but still, I should be better about it. I cannot believe that this is week three in Gaithersburg. It seems like I have lived here much longer! I am very well adjusted. I can navigate the buses and the metro; I know the fastest route to Trader Joe's; and I found a gym, today, YAY! I should note that the gym I joined (thank you, special student summer rate) is actually a health club. I have no idea why it costs less than the regular old city rec center, but I am not complaining. It is adjacent to my office, has three levels of amazingness, a pool, and tons of other fun stuff. Yesterday when I went to check it out, I stuck my hand in the pool to check the temperature. The guard came over and asked if I wanted anything, so I asked him if the temperature was 82 degrees F. He said, no, it was always 84 degrees F but that he was getting ready to check it anyways (he was testing the water chemistry...always a good sign). You should have seen the look on his face when he discovered that it was INDEED 82 degrees F. HAHA!

Everything is going well with work. I am busy, busy, busy! I have Friday off, which is excellent because I really need to catch up on sleep. The only complaint I have about my office is that it is SO COLD! Ahhh! I wear my fleece from 9:00 to 5:00 pm and drink hot tea by the Nalgene bottle. My favorite part is lunch because I go outside where it is HOT! Speaking of hot, it has not been incredibly hot here or humid. I think that I brought nice Colorado weather with me. Also, tonight I saw lightning bugs! Lightning bugs were always one of my most favorite parts of visiting Nebraska in the summer. I guess that they knew that I would not be visiting there this summer, so they came to me!

And why am I so tired? Well, I do get up rather early, but I have been trying to go to bed earlier too. More likely it is from my crazy weekend! This past Friday to Saturday I was in Scottsdale, AZ for a YTF meeting. It was SO WONDERFUL to see all of my friends and to meet the new crew that I missed meeting in January. We accomplished quite a bit of work too! It was 115 degrees F there! The hotel we stayed at was beautiful, and I got to spend Sunday afternoon in the pool after the meeting was officially over...yay for late flights! The downside of the late flight was that we (my YTF buddy Tony, interning in D.C., and I) left Arizona at 8:30 pm, had to stop in Vegas where our flight was delayed an extra two hours, and did not arrive back in D.C. until 9:00 am on Monday morning. Needless to say, I was late to work even though I went straight there. That, coupled with not much sleep over the weekend and an all-nighter last Thursday, made me tired! I am glad that I have Friday off to catch up!

I think that we are going to see fireworks downtown D.C. on the Fourth. I will put up pictures from AZ as soon as iPhoto decides to shape up because it is misbehaving again...will it ever end?

No comments: