Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today has been one of those weird, mixed days where I will undoubtedly go to bed wondering what to make of it. I have to say that it started out incredible. I woke up to sunshine this morning at 7:30 am! This is the FIRST time that I have woken up to the sun shining in Sweden ever. Then, I checked my email. I discovered that the Evergreen Rec Center has a new name, which I find unappealing for a variety of reasons. I decided to go to the gym to blow off some steam, where I realized that it was going to be a 'speed walk on the treadmill day unless you want to find yourself completely broken in Sweden without your chiropractor to fix you.' Bummer. However, when I left the gym, the sun was still shining beautifully!



I received two packages today...awesome! The first was my books - finally! I can now read my class assignments for the last four weeks. Of course, it does not really matter here whether I study or not, but I enjoy exercising my brain on a regular basis. There is probably something wrong with the fact that I am looking forward to reading 150 pages tonight? The really sad part is that 150 pages of reading would be a normal night of homework, if not a little on the light side, for me at CC. Here...well, let's just say that it is my homework catch up for the last month. I had to go all the way to Bankeryd to pick up Mom's package - I am not really sure why, but anyways, that was fun. I decided to break Lent and eat some of the cinnamon hearts...well a lot of them and then felt sick, sick, sick. I then made a better decision and took the candy upstairs to the Common Room to share. Oh, and Smart Balance Omega 3 Peanut Butter? Wow! What an amazing invention! I have not tried it yet, but it says 'VEGAN' right on the label which improves its value 490% in my book. Class this afternoon was awful. I supposedly have one of the 'best' professors in the school for that class. Well, I am sure that he is a great person, but professor? I will just say that having a stuttering problem + not knowing what you are talking about + losing your textbook and admitting it to the class + always late = no thank you. I suppose I should get back to my reading now. Yippee!
PS - GO OBAMA!

No comments: